Visiting Santa Cruz in the next few month? You'll find plenty of things to do here - not only our famous local attractions such as the Mystery Spot, Natural Bridges State Park and the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk, but all kinds of cool places to discover and special events, as well.
Special Holiday Events in Santa Cruz
- 12/5/14 - Santa Cruz Municipal Wharf's 100 Year Anniversary Celebration!
California Beaches -So many beaches, so little time! Capitola Beach ... Lighthouse Field Beach ... New Brighton Beach ... Pleasure Point Beach… Rio Del Mar ... Seabright ... Twin Lakes Beach… the list goes on! Ask at our front desk for more information and directions.
Capitola Village in Santa Cruz, California -Restored historic village in the heart of Capitola by the Sea with fine restaurants, outdoor cafes', boutiques, shops, art galleries, live entertainment, and beautiful Capitola Beach and Wharf 1/2 block away.
Pacific Garden Mall in Santa Cruz, California -Great shopping, dining, art, movies, clubs, coffee houses, street musicians - it's all here, and all within walking distance of the hotel! The first Friday of every month is Art Walk Night, with free admission to the Museum of Art and History.
- Bicycle Rentals - 1730 Mission Street 831-423-9000
- Boardwalk Bowl - 115 Cliff Street 831-426-3324
- Club Ed Surf School - 101 Beach Street 831-464-0177
- Pacific Edge Rock Climbing Gym - 104 Bronson St 831-454-9254
- Redwood Canopy Tours - Zipline through the redwoods 831-419-0153
- Segway Santa Cruz - Take a fun tour of Santa Cruz on a segway! 831-466-0206
- West Cliff Drive - 2 mile paved walking/bicycling path along the ocean
- October 17, 2014 - October 18, 2014 - GLOW: A Festival of Light
- October 18, 2014 - October 19, 2014 - Open Studios Art Tour Encore Weekend
- October 18, 2014 - Santa Cruz Youth Band Review
- October 18, 2014 - October 19, 2014 - Thomas and Percy's Halloween Party
- October 24, 2014 - October 25, 2014 - Ghost Train
- October 24, 2014 - Marine Masquerade
- October 25, 2014 - 5th Annual Chili Cookoff at the Boardwalk!
- October 25, 2014 - Heritage Harvest Festival
- October 25, 2014 - October 26, 2014 - Thomas and Percy's Halloween Party
- October 26, 2014 - Capitola Village Children's Halloween Parade
- October 31, 2014 - Trick or Treating on the Wharf
- November 01, 2014 - November 02, 2014 - Thomas and Percy's Halloween Party
Free Things to Do
- 2nd SUNDAY/month - Antique Fair Downtown
- 1st TUESDAY/month - free admission at the UCSC Arboretum
- WEDNESDAY - Farmer's Market Downtown, 2:30 - 6:30pm
- WEDNESDAY - Sailboat Races at the Santa Cruz Harbor
- 1st THURSDAY/month - free admission to the Santa Cruz Museum of Natural History
- 1st FRIDAY/month - Free admission at the Museum of Art & History
First Friday Art Tour in Capitola Village
- WEEKENDS - Santa Cruz Wharf Tours, 1 PM and 3 PM
- NIGHTLY - Live Jazz at Hoffman's Bistro on Pacific Avenue
- ONGOING - free literary events at the Bookshop Santa Cruz, our local independent bookseller since 1966!