Visiting Santa Cruz in the next few month? You'll find plenty of things to do here - not only our famous local attractions such as the Mystery Spot, Natural Bridges State Park and the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk, but all kinds of cool places to discover and special events, as well.
Special Holiday Events in Santa Cruz
- 12/5/14 - Santa Cruz Municipal Wharf's 100 Year Anniversary Celebration!
California Beaches -So many beaches, so little time! Capitola Beach ... Lighthouse Field Beach ... New Brighton Beach ... Pleasure Point Beach… Rio Del Mar ... Seabright ... Twin Lakes Beach… the list goes on! Ask at our front desk for more information and directions.
Capitola Village in Santa Cruz, California -Restored historic village in the heart of Capitola by the Sea with fine restaurants, outdoor cafes', boutiques, shops, art galleries, live entertainment, and beautiful Capitola Beach and Wharf 1/2 block away.
Pacific Garden Mall in Santa Cruz, California -Great shopping, dining, art, movies, clubs, coffee houses, street musicians - it's all here, and all within walking distance of the hotel! The first Friday of every month is Art Walk Night, with free admission to the Museum of Art and History.
- Bicycle Rentals - 1730 Mission Street 831-423-9000
- Boardwalk Bowl - 115 Cliff Street 831-426-3324
- Club Ed Surf School - 101 Beach Street 831-464-0177
- Pacific Edge Rock Climbing Gym - 104 Bronson St 831-454-9254
- Redwood Canopy Tours - Zipline through the redwoods 831-419-0153
- Segway Santa Cruz - Take a fun tour of Santa Cruz on a segway! 831-466-0206
- West Cliff Drive - 2 mile paved walking/bicycling path along the ocean
- December 17, 2014 - Warriors vs Oklahoma City
- December 18, 2014 - Chanukah Train
- December 19, 2014 - December 23, 2014 - Santa Cruz Holiday Lights Train
- December 19, 2014 - December 21, 2014 - The Nutcracker
- December 27, 2014 - Warriors vs Idaho
- December 30, 2014 - December 31, 2014 - New Year's Eve's Eve Party
- December 31, 2014 - January 01, 2015 - New Year's Eve
- January 01, 2015 - Start the New Year with a "First-Day" Hike!
- January 02, 2015 - First Friday Art Tour
- January 02, 2015 - Warriors vs Canton
- January 03, 2015 - First Saturday Arboretum Tours
- January 05, 2015 - Warriors vs Canton
- January 11, 2015 - Downtown Santa Cruz Antique Street Faire
- January 15, 2015 - January 19, 2015 - Santa Cruz Warriors D-League Showcase
- January 18, 2015 - 8th Annual Santa Cruz Chocolate Festival
- January 23, 2015 - Cirque Ziva: The Golden Dragon Acrobats
- January 23, 2015 - Warriors vs Reno
- January 24, 2015 - January 25, 2015 - Santa Cruz County Symphony Concert: "The Muse"
- January 27, 2015 - Warriors vs Canton
- February 06, 2015 - First Friday Art Tour
- February 07, 2015 - February 08, 2015 - 2 for 1 All-Day Rides at the Boardwalk
- February 07, 2015 - Treasures from the Birth of the Baroque
- February 10, 2015 - Warriors vs Bakersfield
- February 14, 2015 - February 16, 2015 - 2 for 1 All-Day Rides at the Boardwalk
- February 14, 2015 - Migration Festival
- February 14, 2015 - Romance in the Redwoods nature walk
- February 21, 2015 - Santa Cruz Clam Chowder Cook-Off
- February 21, 2015 - Treasures of the Irish Harp
- February 24, 2015 - Warriors vs Austin
- February 27, 2015 - Warriors vs Westchester
Free Things to Do
- 2nd SUNDAY/month - Antique Fair Downtown
- 1st TUESDAY/month - free admission at the UCSC Arboretum
- WEDNESDAY - Farmer's Market Downtown, 2:30 - 6:30pm
- WEDNESDAY - Sailboat Races at the Santa Cruz Harbor
- 1st THURSDAY/month - free admission to the Santa Cruz Museum of Natural History
- 1st FRIDAY/month - Free admission at the Museum of Art & History
First Friday Art Tour in Capitola Village
- WEEKENDS - Santa Cruz Wharf Tours, 1 PM and 3 PM
- NIGHTLY - Live Jazz at Hoffman's Bistro on Pacific Avenue
- ONGOING - free literary events at the Bookshop Santa Cruz, our local independent bookseller since 1966!