Visiting Santa Cruz in the next few month? You'll find plenty of things to do here - not only our famous local attractions such as the Mystery Spot, Natural Bridges State Park and the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk, but all kinds of cool places to discover and special events, as well.
Special Summer Events in Santa Cruz
- Boardwalk Movies at the Beach: Wednesday evenings at 9pm through August 10th
- Boardwalk Summer Concerts: Friday evenings through September 2nd
- Harry Potter Festival: July 31st
- Watsonville Strawberry Festival: August 6 - 7
- Church Street Fair: August 6 - 7
- California Beer Festival: August 12 - 14
- Scotts Valley Art, Wine, and Beer fest/Cops 'N Rodders Car Show: August 20 - 21
- 24th Annual Aloha Races and Polynesian Fest: August 21st
- Tequila and Taco Music Festival: August 27 - 28
- Run by the Sea: August 28th
California Beaches -So many beaches, so little time! Capitola Beach ... Lighthouse Field Beach ... New Brighton Beach ... Pleasure Point Beach… Rio Del Mar ... Seabright ... Twin Lakes Beach… the list goes on! Ask at our front desk for more information and directions.
Capitola Village in Santa Cruz, California -Restored historic village in the heart of Capitola by the Sea with fine restaurants, outdoor cafes', boutiques, shops, art galleries, live entertainment, and beautiful Capitola Beach and Wharf 1/2 block away.
Pacific Garden Mall in Santa Cruz, California -Great shopping, dining, art, movies, clubs, coffee houses, street musicians - it's all here, and all within walking distance of the hotel! The first Friday of every month is Art Walk Night, with free admission to the Museum of Art and History.
- Bicycle Rentals - 1730 Mission Street 831-423-9000
- Boardwalk Bowl - 115 Cliff Street 831-426-3324
- Club Ed Surf School - 101 Beach Street 831-464-0177
- Pacific Edge Rock Climbing Gym - 104 Bronson St 831-454-9254
- Redwood Canopy Tours - Zipline through the redwoods 831-419-0153
- Segway Santa Cruz - Take a fun tour of Santa Cruz on a segway! 831-466-0206
- West Cliff Drive - 2 mile paved walking/bicycling path along the ocean
Free Things to Do
- 2nd SUNDAY/month - Antique Fair Downtown
- 1st TUESDAY/month - free admission at the UCSC Arboretum
- WEDNESDAY - Farmer's Market Downtown, 2:30 - 6:30pm
- WEDNESDAY - Sailboat Races at the Santa Cruz Harbor
- 1st THURSDAY/month - free admission to the Santa Cruz Museum of Natural History
- 1st FRIDAY/month - Free admission at the Museum of Art & History
First Friday Art Tour in Capitola Village
- WEEKENDS - Santa Cruz Wharf Tours, 1 PM and 3 PM
- NIGHTLY - Live Jazz at Hoffman's Bistro on Pacific Avenue
- ONGOING - free literary events at the Bookshop Santa Cruz, our local independent bookseller since 1966!