Visiting Santa Cruz in the next few month? You'll find plenty of things to do here - not only our famous local attractions such as the Mystery Spot, Natural Bridges State Park and the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk, but all kinds of cool places to discover and special events, as well.
Special Holiday Events in Santa Cruz
- 10/31/14 - Trick or Treating on the Wharf
California Beaches -So many beaches, so little time! Capitola Beach ... Lighthouse Field Beach ... New Brighton Beach ... Pleasure Point Beach… Rio Del Mar ... Seabright ... Twin Lakes Beach… the list goes on! Ask at our front desk for more information and directions.
Capitola Village in Santa Cruz, California -Restored historic village in the heart of Capitola by the Sea with fine restaurants, outdoor cafes', boutiques, shops, art galleries, live entertainment, and beautiful Capitola Beach and Wharf 1/2 block away.
Pacific Garden Mall in Santa Cruz, California -Great shopping, dining, art, movies, clubs, coffee houses, street musicians - it's all here, and all within walking distance of the hotel! The first Friday of every month is Art Walk Night, with free admission to the Museum of Art and History.
- Bicycle Rentals - 1730 Mission Street 831-423-9000
- Boardwalk Bowl - 115 Cliff Street 831-426-3324
- Club Ed Surf School - 101 Beach Street 831-464-0177
- Pacific Edge Rock Climbing Gym - 104 Bronson St 831-454-9254
- Redwood Canopy Tours - Zipline through the redwoods 831-419-0153
- Segway Santa Cruz - Take a fun tour of Santa Cruz on a segway! 831-466-0206
- West Cliff Drive - 2 mile paved walking/bicycling path along the ocean
- September 20, 2014 - Annual Coastal Cleanup Day
- September 20, 2014 - El Pajaro: A Feast in the Fields to benefit the Discovery Program
- September 20, 2014 - Mole & Mariachi Festival
- September 24, 2014 - September 26, 2014 - Santa Cruz Surf Film Festival
- September 25, 2014 - September 28, 2014 - Monterey Bay Birding Festival
- September 27, 2014 - Big Basin Founder's Day and Redwood Jubilee
- September 27, 2014 - RADICAL REELS Tour
- September 27, 2014 - October 19, 2014 - Santa Cruz Art League: Open Studio Preview
- September 27, 2014 - T-Birds on the Wharf
- September 28, 2014 - Music at Skypark
- October 04, 2014 - Elkhorn Slough Third Annual Native Plant Fair
- October 04, 2014 - October 05, 2014 - Open Studios Art Tour Weekend One
- October 04, 2014 - Santa Cruz Wharf Centennial Celebration
- October 05, 2014 - Liv/Giant Mermaid Triathlon & Duathlon
- October 05, 2014 - Pottery & Glass Seconds Sale
- October 10, 2014 - October 22, 2014 - Santa Cruz Restaurant Week
- October 11, 2014 - 20th Annual Lobster Feed
- October 11, 2014 - October 12, 2014 - 50th Annual Watsonville Fly-In & Air Show
- October 11, 2014 - Fall Plant Sale 2014
- October 11, 2014 - October 12, 2014 - Open Studios Art Tour Weekend Two
- October 11, 2014 - Santa Cruz Derby Girls Bout
- October 12, 2014 - Annual Monte Foundation Fireworks Extravaganza!
- October 12, 2014 - Open Streets Santa Cruz
- October 12, 2014 - Welcome Back Monarchs Day!
- October 14, 2014 - Experience Hendrix 2014 Tour - Celebrate The Music and Legacy of Jimi Hendrix
- October 17, 2014 - October 18, 2014 - GLOW: A Festival of Light
- October 18, 2014 - October 19, 2014 - Open Studios Art Tour Encore Weekend
- October 18, 2014 - Santa Cruz Youth Band Review
- October 18, 2014 - October 19, 2014 - Thomas and Percy's Halloween Party
- October 24, 2014 - October 25, 2014 - Ghost Train
- October 24, 2014 - Marine Masquerade
- October 25, 2014 - 5th Annual Chili Cookoff at the Boardwalk!
- October 25, 2014 - Heritage Harvest Festival
- October 25, 2014 - October 26, 2014 - Thomas and Percy's Halloween Party
- October 26, 2014 - Capitola Village Children's Halloween Parade
- October 31, 2014 - Trick or Treating on the Wharf
- November 01, 2014 - November 02, 2014 - Thomas and Percy's Halloween Party
Free Things to Do
- 2nd SUNDAY/month - Antique Fair Downtown
- 1st TUESDAY/month - free admission at the UCSC Arboretum
- WEDNESDAY - Farmer's Market Downtown, 2:30 - 6:30pm
- WEDNESDAY - Sailboat Races at the Santa Cruz Harbor
- 1st THURSDAY/month - free admission to the Santa Cruz Museum of Natural History
- 1st FRIDAY/month - Free admission at the Museum of Art & History
First Friday Art Tour in Capitola Village
- WEEKENDS - Santa Cruz Wharf Tours, 1 PM and 3 PM
- NIGHTLY - Live Jazz at Hoffman's Bistro on Pacific Avenue
- ONGOING - free literary events at the Bookshop Santa Cruz, our local independent bookseller since 1966!